Second Annual Juried Members' Exhibition and Sale
II. Awards & Prizes
III. How to Submit
V. Sales Commission
VI. Calendar of Events
· Artist must be a current member of WPSE.
· Representational Paintings of Original Concept and Design Only. Paintings completed in a classroom or workshop setting are not considered original artwork.
· Accepted mediums are: oil paint, watercolor paint, pastels, acrylic paint, gouche, and egg tempera only.
· Paintings must be framed and ready for hanging or on at least 1 and 1/2 inch gallery wrap canvas with painted sides.
· Paintings must have been completed within the past two (2) years.
· Paintings Size: Maximum size not to exceed 900 square inches.
· Maximum Entries: Applicants may submit up to two (2) paintings for the $35 application fee
· All Paintings must be for sale and reflect the artist's current pricing. No NFS.
· Artist shall receive 50% of all sales made.
· Any artist who withdraws an entry after acceptance shall not be eligible to enter any WPSE exhibition for the two succeeding years.
· An Important Juror: Acclaimed Painter, Lori Putnam, will judge this show. www.loriputnam.com/
· Artist is solely responsible for shipping and handling costs to and from the gallery. A shipping label for return shipping must accompany your accepted artwork. Paintings are not insured by the gallery and the artist assumes all risks.
· $2,200 WPSE Sponsored Award for Best in Show
· $2,100 American Art Collector Magazine
o Award of Excellence (1/2 page ad)
· $2,000 Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine
· Award of Excellence 1/2 Page Ad
· $1,100 Plein Air Magazine
o Award of Excellence (1/4 page ad)
· $600 Fine Art Studio Online Award of Merit
· $500 WPSE Sponsored Juror's Choice Award
· $400 JFM Award of Merit ($100 cash + $300 JFM Certificate)
· $250 WPSE Sponsored People's Choice Award.
· $250 WPSE Sponsored Award of Distinction (Figurative)
· $250 WPSE Sponsored Award of Distinction (Still Life)
· $250 WPSE Sponsored Award of Distinction (Landscape)
· $250 Source Tek Award of Merit
· MORE (sponsorship awards to be announced)
· Membership Status must be up to date. To update your status, go to www.womenpaintersse.blogspot.com.
· TO ENTER, GO TO http://www.onlinejuriedshows.com/Default.aspx?OJSID=63
· There is a jury fee for this show of $35 for up to two works to be considered.
· There is a $15 unpacking fee for EACH accepted piece. If accepted, you will send a check for $15 for each accepted piece made out to: Imagine Gallery.
· If accepted, you must include a pre-paid shipping label for return shipping.
· Members entering must be a paid member through Dec. 1, 2013. Membership fee is $35 per year, renewable on Dec. 1 of each year at www.womenpaintersse.blogspot.com
· A sales commission of 50% is expected by the gallery for all paintings sold.
· ALL WORK THAT IS SUBMITTED MUST BE FOR SALE.
December 1, 2012 Membership Renewal Due
October 25, 2012 - January 7, 2013 Entries must be received.
January 7, 2013 Entry deadline.
January 11, 2013 Notification of accepted works sent.
April 1-9, 2013 All Accepted Works Must Arrive at the Gallery.
April 15-19, 2013 Preview and People's Choice Voting.
April 20, 2013 Show Opening Celebration
(artists are requested to be present if possible)
May 20, 2013 Close of show.
June 15, 2013 Artwork Returned